Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
These are so I can feel OK with my toddler son eating them. Obviously, you could omit the chocolate chips and they'd be even better... but I didn't want to go crazy. I use "Earth Balance" margarine and "Enjoy Life" chocolate chips because they're dairy-free. I also have substituted 1/2 a cup of the whole wheat flour with garbanzo bean flour.
- Combine margarine, sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until creamy and smooth. I microwave the margarine for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir until completely combined.
- Add oats and then chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets with a soup spoon with about an inch between each cookie.
- Bake at 350 F for 11 minutes. I used two sheets in the oven at once, and if you do that, switch the bottom sheet with the top sheet after about 5 minutes and then continue cookie.
- Let cool.
Yum! I also frequently swap ingredients in my cookies for the sake of my kiddos. This time I used half margarine and half crunchy peanut butter, and for the chips I used a mix of semisweet and peanut butter. Yum! Thanks for posting :). Made for PAC Spring 2011.