Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great recipe for lower-fat chocolate chip muffins. The texture and flavor is just right. The recipe is from a book called Dr. Cookie.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat the egg, sugar and margarine with an electric mixer set on medium until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat again.
- Mix the flour and chocolate chips into the batter by hand just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups so that each is about two-thirds full.
- Top each muffin cup with cinnamon/sugar mixture, if desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned, puff up and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin set on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and eat them warm or let them cool completely on a wire rack.