1/1 Photo of Light Chocolate Chip Cookies (Cook's Illustrated)
LEGG Gustafson's Note:
Cook's Illustrated came up with the best chocolate chip cookies and they also came up with the best light version. From The Best Light Recipe. I am saving it here so I don't loose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- 2Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- 3Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, egg and vanilla together.
- 5Stir in the brown sugar until smooth, smearing any clumps against the side of the bowl.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture and 1/3 cup (3 oz.) of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- 7Using level tablespoon of dough each time, roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- 8Press remaining chips into top of the dough( about 3 chips per cookie.).
- 9Bake, one tray at a time, until edges are golden and centers are just set, 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake.
- 10Cool the cookies on baking sheets for 5 min., then transfer to a wire rack or serve warm.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chocolate Chip Cookies (Cook's Illustrated)
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g