Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cook's Illustrated came up with the best chocolate chip cookies and they also came up with the best light version. From The Best Light Recipe. I am saving it here so I don't loose it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (4 oz.)
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, egg and vanilla together.
- Stir in the brown sugar until smooth, smearing any clumps against the side of the bowl.
- Stir in the flour mixture and 1/3 cup (3 oz.) of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Using level tablespoon of dough each time, roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Press remaining chips into top of the dough( about 3 chips per cookie.).
- Bake, one tray at a time, until edges are golden and centers are just set, 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheets for 5 min., then transfer to a wire rack or serve warm.