Recipe by LEGG Gustafson
Cook's Illustrated came up with the best chocolate chip cookies and they also came up with the best light version. From The Best Light Recipe. I am saving it here so I don't loose it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (4 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, egg and vanilla together.
- Stir in the brown sugar until smooth, smearing any clumps against the side of the bowl.
- Stir in the flour mixture and 1/3 cup (3 oz.) of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Using level tablespoon of dough each time, roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Press remaining chips into top of the dough( about 3 chips per cookie.).
- Bake, one tray at a time, until edges are golden and centers are just set, 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheets for 5 min., then transfer to a wire rack or serve warm.