Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love chocolate chip cookie bars, I lightened them up to include more whole grains, less fat and sugar. These are not as dense as traditional chocolate chip cookie bars, but they are super quick and easy to make which makes them great for potlucks! If you don't plan to use the pear baby food, use butter in its place (applesauce would make the bars much too 'cake-like.' Sometimes I like to add a few mini-chocolate chips into the dough before spreading into the pan. WW points = 2/serving
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 13x9 pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour with baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into mixing blow, with electric mixer on stir (or lowest setting) blend in remaining ingredients -in order they are listed above- including the flour/baking powder mixture (EXCEPT the chocolate chips) until just mixed. Do not beat, just stir slowly until combined, scraping down sided as needed.
- If you are using the mini chocolate chips, stir them into the dough by hand.
- Spread into greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and press them gently into the dough.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until edges turn brown.
Oh my - are these bars ever delicious, totally addictive! I didn't have baby food and used all butter - thanks for the tip on not using apple sauce, which I would have done had you not mentioned not to do it. I only used 3/4 cup of chocolate chips which made up for the extra butter.The whole wheat adds an extra layer of texture and flavour to these bites of heaven. I just know that these will be made over and over, thank you so much for sharing! Made for Holiday Tag
Mmmmm. Super easy to make and what an outcome! I don't have any little ones in the house, so I don't keep baby food on hand. I ended up using 8 T of margarine instead. I also didn't use 4 egg whites, but 2 eggs as I was running out and payday is still a couple days away. I know it affects the calorie count - but lets face it - it's an indulgence as it is. The dough was super easy to spread out in the pan as the consistency was just between cake batter and cookie dough. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 123 Tag Game. Now it can get moved to Gimme 5!
these are so so so good!! i think they have a gooey consistency like the real thing. i used chopped dark and milk chocolate instead of chips and mixed it all in before baking. i didn't have any trouble with the dough consistency or with spreading it in the pan.