1/1 Photo of Light Chocolate Cheesecake
This was published in Light and Tasty this month. I tried it using half Splenda and half sugar and adding strawberries to garnish. It is very good! Perfect for the chocolate lover!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sheets full chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half (I used regular half and half.)
- 12 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, pulsed one to two times in food processor
- 1 ounce white chocolate baking square, shaved
- quartered strawberry (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam or 2 tablespoons low sugar strawberry spread
- 1Preheat over to 325°F.
- 2Prepare a 9-in springform pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the pan and swirling up sides of pan to coat lightly; set aside.
- 4In food processor, add half-and-half, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, Splenda, cocoa, flour and vanilla.
- 5Process by pulsing several times until mixture is smooth.
- 6Add egg substitute and pulse until blended.
- 7Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of mixture, pulse once or twice to blend and pour into prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until almost set.
- 9Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen and remove sides of pan.
- 11When cool, slide cake onto serving dish.
- 12Microwave the strawberry preserves just until liquid.
- 13Serve with the strawberry preserves spooned over the top of each serving; sprinkle with shaved baking chocolate, and arrange quartered strawberries on plate.
- 14Cooking time does not include cooling period.
- 15It is actual cooking time.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 232.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham crackers
sugar-free strawberry jam