Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light in both color and texture, this cake uses a surprise ingredient and goes well with ice cream. It's somewhat reminiscent of gingerbread.
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury whipped supreme cream cheese frosting (white)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered baking cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place the frosting (Yes, the frosting!) and eggs in mixer bowl. Mix at medium until combined.
- Gradually add cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt while continuing to mix. Scrape bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla, scrape sides of bowl, and mix once more.
- Coat a 6" x 10" (or 8" square) baking dish with floured baking spray.
- Batter will be stiff. Pour and scrape it into the baking dish. Spread with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool 20 to 30 minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
As an update - as noted I'd made this recipe earlier then realized I'd done something wrong - left out the baking poweder (guess old age is creeping up on me) so made it again and as you can see by the picture it made a major differance in appearance. State was pretty much the same - just highger a lighter. Still didn't get the gingerbread taste but very light in color and texture.