Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Only 200 calories per slice! 7.9 grams of fat in a delicious cheesecake.
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies or 6 chocolate graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (or substitute creme de menthe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in bottom of a 7 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and next 7 ingredients, processing until smooth. Add egg and process just until blended. Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Slowly pour mixture over crumbs in pan.
- Bake at 300 for 65 to 70 minutes (If you use an 8-inch pan, reduce to 45 to 50 minutes) or until set.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan, and transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish as desired.
Almost thought I would not be able to make this Dessert. I could find neither the chocolate wafers, nor chocolate graham crackers in any store in our city. Finally found "Chocolate Teddy Gahams". Also needed to find a 7" springform pan. Well I'm glad I prvailed! Thisis a wonderful dessert. Thanks for posting. Made for "PAC Spring 2009"
I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this cheesecake. I've always been of the mind that you don't mess with cheesecakes--either splurge and enjoy them or just forget it, but don't try to lighten them up. I decided to try this one, though, and I'm glad I did--it is quite good! I made per recipe except I used chocolate graham crackers, rather than chocolate wafers (I wasn't sure exactly what those were), and I added extra mini chocolate chips (I think I used about 3 tablespoons). This was enjoyed very much by all who sampled it, and I have a hard time believing anyone could ever guess that it is a lightened version. Thanks so much for posting!