Recipe by KathyRose in RI
Only 200 calories per slice! 7.9 grams of fat in a delicious cheesecake.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Almost thought I would not be able to make this Dessert. I could find neither the chocolate wafers, nor chocolate graham crackers in any store in our city. Finally found "Chocolate Teddy Gahams". Also needed to find a 7" springform pan. Well I'm glad I prvailed! Thisis a wonderful dessert. Thanks for posting. Made for "PAC Spring 2009"
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies or 6 chocolate graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (or substitute creme de menthe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in bottom of a 7 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and next 7 ingredients, processing until smooth. Add egg and process just until blended. Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Slowly pour mixture over crumbs in pan.
- Bake at 300 for 65 to 70 minutes (If you use an 8-inch pan, reduce to 45 to 50 minutes) or until set.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan, and transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish as desired.