This is a different twist on the typical pasta salad and I always get asked to bring it to parties and get togethers. I make the dressing the night before and keep it in the fridge until I am ready to put it on the salad. My kids all love it and I don't just make it in the summer! My friend gave it to me a few years ago and we have made it one of our favorites. Sometimes, I put sliced olives in it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored corkscrew macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package plain corkscrew macaroni
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup red grapes, washed and dried well
- 1/2 cup green grape, washed and dried well
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces pkg.. uncle dan's buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1Make the dressing the night before and put in fridge until ready to use.
- 2Boil pastas, then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 3Combine pastas, chicken, oranges,celery and grapes in a large bowl.
- 4Pour dressing over and toss well, making sure it is mixed well.
- 5Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chinese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 37.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix