Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
This is a different twist on the typical pasta salad and I always get asked to bring it to parties and get togethers. I make the dressing the night before and keep it in the fridge until I am ready to put it on the salad. My kids all love it and I don't just make it in the summer! My friend gave it to me a few years ago and we have made it one of our favorites. Sometimes, I put sliced olives in it too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored corkscrew macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) packageplain corkscrew macaroni
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, washed and dried well
- 1⁄2 cup green grape, washed and dried well
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces pkg.. uncle dan's buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing the night before and put in fridge until ready to use.
- Boil pastas, then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Combine pastas, chicken, oranges,celery and grapes in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over and toss well, making sure it is mixed well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.