Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty, quick, and lowfat! Who could ask for more?
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) candrained red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 7 1⁄4 ounces cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet cook meat aond onion until done.
- Drain fat and stir in kidney beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, uncooked macaroni, green pepper, water, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover to melt cheese and serve.
This was very nice and super easy. I used a 10 oz can of Rotel for the diced tomatoes and because of the extra tomatoes, I used a little more macaroni (about 2/3 c total). This was pleasantly spicy from the Rotel & chili powder combo though it did need some salt for my taste. I used extra cheese (trying to use it up) and served with some sour cream to cut the spice a little. Thanks for the recipe!
This recipe is great and easy. (Easy to pull together on a weekday night.) I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, only because I added salt, pepper and cumin. But it turned out really well, and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting! :)
This dish is one of the easiest and most delicious I have found! My family is constantly asking me to make it and they devour it every time. Thank you so much for sharing this, it will be a regular in our meal rotation from now on.