1/9 Photos of Light Chicken Piccata With Linguine
This is modified from an old magazine recipe. We've been making this version for years. We prefer the lighter sauce now and often I double the sauce ingredients to make more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked (4 cups cooked)
- 1Place each chicken breast half in a large zip bag, one at a time.
- 2Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- 3Remove from the bag, set aside and repeat with the remaining chicken breast halves.
- 4Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 5Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7Add 3/4 cup wine, 2 tbsp lemon juice and capers to pan with chicken, scraping up brown bits and cook 2 minutes.
- 8Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- 9Stir in 3/4 cup wine, 2 tbsp lemon juice and cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- 10Stir in 1 tsp butter.
- 11Return chicken to pan and place 1/4 of the chopped parsley on top of each chicken breast half.
- 12Divide the pasta into 4 pasta bowls.
- 13Place a chicken breast half on top of each drizzle about 2 tbsp sauce over each.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chicken Piccata With Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 433.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 32.7 g