Recipe by Lady Rarity
Chicken piccata is a dish that is sauteed in butter (or in my case coconut oil as I prefer the flavor), and then served with a lemon butter sauce. This goes well with mashed potatoes, roasted potated, corn, or even spinach.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly chicken breasts horizontally. Salt and pepper chicken breasts lightly. Over medium high heat add two tablespoons of butter or coconut oil, and heat until slightly boiling. Cook chicken breasts until each side is light brown. This will take about 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken breasts when browned and set on a plate.
- Add the remaining butter/oil, lemon juice, and capers (if desired). When sauce has reduced by 25% add chicken breasts to pan until internal temperature has reached at least 165 °F.