Recipe by Jessi Garcia
This recipe is a lighter version of the original marsala and it tastes great! Put i over rice or pasta, delicious!
Top Review by puppitypup
Delicious! I made a couple of changes, using double the amount of mushrooms (baby bellas) and an equal amount of sweet onion. Also, I used chardonnay rather than marsala wine, just personal preference. Next time I will reduce the sodium, because even the reduced-sodium broth had quite a bit of salt. This is definitely a keeper, perfect for a quick, healthy week-night meal. Thanks Jessi :)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked (4)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml marsala wine
- 295.73 ml reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth, divided
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in center of skillet and sauté until golden, about 2-3 min per side.
- Add wine to skillet, simmer 1 minute, add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through about 8 minute.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth in small bowl, add to skillet. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms into the liquid, about 1 minute.