Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This started as a recipe for chicken chimichangas, but I thought it was boring and a little tasteless. So, I added more zip!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded fat free cheese (i use sharp cheddar)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Rotel are good)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 -8 fat free tortillas or 6 -8 low-fat tortilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- garlic salt (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, combine chicken broth, onion, chiles and chicken.
- Cook chicken thoroughly.
- When done, remove chicken from skillet and shred with two forks, set aside.
- Pour the onion, chile, chicken broth mixture in a medium sauce pan.
- On medium heat, combine chicken, tomatoes, spices.
- Heat until warm and combined evenly.
- Remove mixture from heat, and let sit and cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread an even amount of the mixture in each tortilla shell, wrap and place facing down in a greased casserole pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce and sprinkle cheese evenly over enchiladas.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I used rotisserie chicken and my whole family loved it. I mixed the cream of chicken soup in with the other ingredients!
It was okay. There was no mention as to what to do with the cream of chicken soup.