Recipe by Skeeter
Trimmed down Chicken Cordon Bleu. The creamy sauce makes it extra special. This won 2 place in the July/August issue of my favorite magazine. Prep. time is an estimate.
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices lean deli ham (1 oz. each)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in.
- Sprinkle with pepper; place a ham slice and 3 tablespoons of cheese down the center of each piece.
- Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the cornflakes, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in a 13-in.
- x 9-in.
- x 2-in.
- baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream and lemon juice until blended; heat through.
- Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce.