Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
I enjoy Chicken Cordon Bleu and always looking for different variations to try. This one has a cornflake crust & uses milk instead of egg. You can also substitute the sour cream &/or part of the soup with yogurt to cut abit more of the fat/salt.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces deli ham, sliced thin
- 4 -6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness & sprinkle with pepper.
- Place a slice of ham & 1-2 slices of cheese down the center of each piece. Roll up & tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow dish, pour in milk.
- In another dish, combine the crushed cornflakes, paprika, garlic powder & salt.
- Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13x9 greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 min or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream/yogurt & lemon juice until blended; heat through.
- Discard toothpicks from chicken & serve with sauce.