Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
I enjoy Chicken Cordon Bleu and always looking for different variations to try. This one has a cornflake crust & uses milk instead of egg. You can also substitute the sour cream &/or part of the soup with yogurt to cut abit more of the fat/salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces deli ham, sliced thin
- 4 -6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness & sprinkle with pepper.
- 2Place a slice of ham & 1-2 slices of cheese down the center of each piece. Roll up & tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- 3In a shallow dish, pour in milk.
- 4In another dish, combine the crushed cornflakes, paprika, garlic powder & salt.
- 5Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13x9 greased baking dish.
- 6Bake uncovered for 25-30 min or until juices run clear.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream/yogurt & lemon juice until blended; heat through.
- 8Discard toothpicks from chicken & serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 879.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g