Recipe by Rachie P
This is a very simple casserole that is a crowd pleaser. It's easy to spice up or tone down, depending on your audience! My DH and my Dad both loved it. It goes great with brown rice and some red pepper.
Top Review by Darling76
Great week night dinner! I made a few changes because it was the end of the month and I didn't have a lot to work with. I used salted peanuts, my cream soup was not reduced sodium (I think it should be next time), and I left out the pimientos (don't like them). I doubled the garlic poweder and ginger (we like these flavors) Even though I made major changes, I don't think it changed the basis of the recipe too much. I will make this again, very easy and mostly ingredients that I have on hand. Also, not at all expensive to make either. Thanks Rachie!
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup salted cashews, divided
- 0.5 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion in water.
- Add all but 1/2 c cashews and chow mein noodles.
- Pour into greasted 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and remaining cashews.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
- Serve with brown rice, soy sauce, and red pepper.