Recipe by ktskittle
Quick and easy "light" casserole for when you are needing some comfort food that won't spoil your diet.
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts (I boil and cut up 2-3)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof frozen vegetable soup mix or 1 (12 ounce) package mixed vegetables, of your choosing
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups of 2% milk shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients (except for biscuits and cheese) in large saucepan. (I use the one I boiled the noodles in to conserve dishes.)
- Pour this mixture into a 9 by 13 glass dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over mixture.
- Place in center of oven rack and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut Biscuits in half to make thinner.
- Arrange biscuits on top of casserole mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
- Cook for an additional 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and casserole is bubbling.
- Side Note: I leave the frozen veggies on counter to begin thawing while I cook the chicken and noodles.