1/2 Photos of Light Cherry Amaretto Cheesecake Ice Cream
This is a lightly sweet mild cheesecake-flavored ice cream with all the richness, but with less fat. Cook time also includes the time it takes for the ice cream machine to freeze the mixture. Does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml nonfat milk (or low-fat)
- 113.39 g light cream cheese spread
- 56.69 g mascarpone cheese
- 14.79 ml raspberry jam (or cherry or strawberry)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 29.58 ml Amaretto
- 6 low-fat graham crackers, broken into small pieces (3 full sheets)
- 473.18 ml fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted, and quartered
- 59.14 ml toasted sliced almonds
- 1In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons sugar to beaten egg yolks. Whisk well.
- 2In a medium pot, combine remaining 4 tablespoons sugar with milk, and bring almost to a simmer over high to medium-high heat.
- 3Scoop out a small amount of hot milk to temper the egg yolks (about ¼ cup); slowly whisk into egg yolks. Repeat this one more time.
- 4Add egg mixture to pot of hot milk and whisk thoroughly. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium to medium low heat until thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let mixture boil. Remove from heat.
- 5In a large mixing bowl (an electric mixer works best), beat cream cheese and mascarpone until well whipped. Add jam, lemon juice, extracts, and Amaretto, and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually beat in hot milk mixture. Cream cheese will not be completely dissolved/smooth – that is OK.
- 6Let mixture cool before chilling in the refrigerator. This takes about 10 minutes if you place the container in a bowl filled with ice and cold water. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- 7Stir mixture to re-combine and freeze in an ice cream machine, according to manufacturer’s directions. In the last minute or two of freezing, add the graham cracker pieces.
- 8Serve immediately or freeze for 1-4 hours, if a firmer consistency is desired. Top with cherries (and almonds, if using) and enjoy! This is best eaten the same day you make it.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Cherry Amaretto Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 153.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat graham crackers