Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very light and fluffy cheesecake, much lighter and more chiffon-like than most cheesecakes.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Cream egg yolks and sugar then add cream cheese 8 onces at a time blending well. Next add the sour cream, flour, vanilla, pineapple and juice.
- Beat egg whites addding pinch of cream of tartar (I use a 1/4 teaspoon) Beat until stiff, then fold into batter.
- Prepare 10 inch springform pan.
- Grease and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on bottom and sides of pan.
- Put batter in prepared pan.
- Place pan in a pan of water. (I use a large roasting pan with about an inch or two of water).
- Bake at 350 for 50 Minutes.
- Then turn off oven and leave door halfway opened for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove cake from oven.
Awesome. I did make some changes but the basics were the same and I loved the results. I wanted to make half the recipe, and did so, with the following exceptions. I used 3 egg yolks and 2 whites. I omitted the pineapple and juice, instead using the juice of one lemon. I made this in a 6" springform pan which I buttered generously and sprinkled with graham crumbs (it took about 1/4 cup to coat the pan bottom and sides). I was worried that the pan was going to be too small but it worked perfectly. I wrapped the bottom of the pan in foil and set it in a larger pan with water about 3/4" up the sides of the pan. I cooked it a 325ÂºF (my oven runs a little hot) and it took 70 minutes. This made 6 nice-size servings which I served with a strawberry sauce.
fanstatically light and delicious!
This cheesecake is so light and fluffy! And unlike most recipes out there it only uses 2 packages of cream cheese!! I have made it without the pineapple and it is awesome too. I have also cut the recipe in half (except 3 eggs instead of 5) and prepare it in an 8in springform and it comes out great as well. I use the wide side foil to make sure that no water will leak in...sometimes if you have to overlap foil to cover the whole bottom, the water will still find a way in. I messed up one of these cheesecakes that way unfortunately. Try it today!!