Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
The closest I can get to my Starbucks obsession - this recipe has saved me hundreds of dollars! Prep time includes steeping the coffee overnight.
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup ground coffee, coarsely ground (dark roast preferable, espresso even better!)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup half & half light cream
- 3 cups ice
- 8 tablespoons sugar-free caramel syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- fat-free whipped topping (or light or fat-free whipped cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large jar or container, combine the coffee grounds and cold water. Stir, cover and let sit for at least 12 hours, preferably overnight.
- Line a coffee dripper or fine-mesh strainer with a coffee filter and place over a pitcher. Slowly strain about half of the coffee. Replace the filter with a new one and repeat with the remaining coffee.
- Combine coffee and all ingredients except whipped cream into electric blender.
- Blend drink until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
- Serve in coffee cups and top with whipped cream and caramel syrup (if desired).
- Add straw for ease in drinking.