12 hrs 2 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
The closest I can get to my Starbucks obsession - this recipe has saved me hundreds of dollars! Prep time includes steeping the coffee overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup ground coffee, coarsely ground (dark roast preferable, espresso even better!)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup half & half light cream
- 3 cups ice
- 8 tablespoons sugar-free caramel syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- fat-free whipped topping (or light or fat-free whipped cream)
- 1In a large jar or container, combine the coffee grounds and cold water. Stir, cover and let sit for at least 12 hours, preferably overnight.
- 2Line a coffee dripper or fine-mesh strainer with a coffee filter and place over a pitcher. Slowly strain about half of the coffee. Replace the filter with a new one and repeat with the remaining coffee.
- 3Combine coffee and all ingredients except whipped cream into electric blender.
- 4Blend drink until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
- 5Serve in coffee cups and top with whipped cream and caramel syrup (if desired).
- 6Add straw for ease in drinking.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Caramel Frappuccino (Mock Starbucks)
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 25.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free caramel syrup