Recipe by Chris from Kansas
When you're craving one of those fancy cheesecakes, but don't really want to take the calories, try this lighter version. I modified a recipe from Cooking Light. Cook time includes standing and chilling time.
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 cookie sheets)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free caramel topping, divided
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chopped and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- To prepare crust, press crumbs into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, place cheese in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into a a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Add flour, brown sugar, and next 5 ingredients to cheese mixture; process just until smooth.
- Pour half of cheese mixture into prepared pan.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons syrup; sprinkle with half of chopped candy bar.
- Pour remaining cheese mixture into pan; drizzle with 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped candy bar; bake 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in closed oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.