Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I worked hard to get the right measurements for this. I love cafe mochas but don't love the sugar, hence I used the wonderful sweetener, stevia! It is a natural product that you will find in health stores and has no calories but is around 30 times as powerful as sugar. I also like the dual chocolates. The dutch cocoa gives it a rich flavor while the regular cocoa gives it that nice bitter end.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 82 mg stevia powder (2 scoops)
- Heat 1 cup of milk on stovetop. You can eliminate the skin that forms on the bottom of the pot or pan by wetting it before heating. You can prevent the skin that forms at the surface by either foaming the milk (whip it) before heating or covering the pot or both.
- Recommend pre-heating the cup by putting water in it and microwaving it for 2 minutes.
- When milk is hot (I use a digital probe thermometer and wait for it to get to about 170), discard water from cup and add dry ingredients to bottom of cup.
- Add milk slowly, stirring.
I used chocolate milk instead of milk with cocoa powder, and added just a small extra dash of white suger. Delicious! Talk about a caffeine fix! Thanks for posting.
This is very rich and tasty! I used my microwave milk frother to heat milk and then froth rest of ingredients into it. Great for a mid-morning break. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.