Recipe by hannahactually
This is a WW/Cooking Light recipe. These bars are truly delicious; you cannot tell that they are much lower in fat and calories than most. They're dense and full of flavor! (EXCHANGES: 1-1/2 starch; 1/2 fat PER SERVING: Calories 142; Fat 4.3g (saturated fat 2.6g); Protein 1.6g; Carbohydrate 24g; Fiber 0.3g; Cholesterol 8mg; Iron 0.6mg; Sodium 95mg; Calcium 24mg)
Top Review by Kasha
Very sweet, but very easy to do and tasty. I wouldn't have known it was relatively low fat. I think it is the brown sugar that makes it. Very impressive low amount of butter in the recipe, and I used 41% butter and cut the fat more, no effect on the recipe. A nice recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended (about 4.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry.
- measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir.
- well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in morsels.
- Spread batter evenly into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.