Recipe by MsTeechur
Use pumpkin or butternut squash for this moist delicious bread. A little extra ginger gives it a lovely kick.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup butternut squash, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients except brown sugar in large bowl. (I used half regular regular white flour and half coconut flour.).
- In separate bowl, mix butter, squash, yogurt, juice (I used fresh blood orange), brown sugar, and eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet together. Add almond milk as needed.
- Mix in optional raisins. I used a mixture of dried strawberries, apricots, and blueberries.
- Prepare three small or two regular loaf pans.
- Split among/between the pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.