Recipe by Maito
Light, and very yummy! Slightly adapted from an Ellie Krieger recipe from Healthy Appetite on the Food Network.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Healthy goodness. I really loved the flavor combinations in this healthy dinner salad. The hot sauce (I used Frank's) played nicely off of the creamy/cool salad dressing. I used feta instead of blue cheese (due to an allery). Delicious, easy and healthy. Love it!
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (about an ounce)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, cut into 1-inch strips (about 8 cups)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 green onions, green part only, sliced
Optional Salad ingredients
- sliced mushrooms
- diced tomato
- low fat bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold one sheet of paper towel into quarters and place on a small plate. Spoon yogurt onto paper towel and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. This will allow it to drain and thicken.
- Whisk buttermilk, thickened yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth. Add vinegar and sugar and combine well. Stir in blue cheese and pepper, to taste.
- Combine hot sauce and oil. Add chicken and coat well. Barbecue chicken until cooked through. Cut chicken into bite size pieces for the salad.
- Place salad ingredients on plates. Top with dressing and chicken. Serve with extra hot sauce, if desired.