Recipe by spatchcock
Fairly healthy potato recipe.
Top Review by sugarpea
Mine took 1 1/2 hours to bake the potatoes until done and another half hour to cook away the broth. The last hour was at 475°. I used a mandolin to slice the vegetables, so they were thin. Next time I would just cut back on the amount of broth and add it only as necessary.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 cups chicken stock (about 2 cans, or veggie stock if you're vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons butter (I don't use any)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set rack in middle of oven and heat oven to 350º.
- Peel and slice potatoes and onion; thin is good.
- In a shallow casserole dish, make a layer of the potatoes and onions; sprinkle parsley, and grind some sea salt and black pepper on each layer.
- Repeat, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour on stock and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350º, covered with aluminum foil.
- Remove foil; make sure potatoes are covered with stock; if not, gently push into stock.
- Bake 30 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top layer is golden brown.