Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty blueberry sauce. Low in sugar, so less calories than most recipes. Good served over pancakes, ice cream or dessert. This is a small recipe, so you may want to double it.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring, until thick.
- Serve over pancakes, ice cream, cake or other dessert.
This is a terrific, quick, healthy sauce-I was so tickled at how easy and tasty it is. I used frozen blueberries & topped your banana pancakes with it & ended up with what is now my favorite breakfast. I think it’s even kind of poetic- banana pancakes with blueberry sauce -makes me want to get up in the morning. I’ll use it with other things down the road like desserts, it really makes kind of a dramatic statement for something so easy.
So simple, and so very tasty. A great recipe for novice cooks.
Very tasty. Made to serve over White Christmas pie (see my notes for White Christmas Pie) for our Christmas in July party. Doubled the recipe and made with orange-peach-mango juice.