Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Healthier, coffee cake-like kuchen. Wonderful for summer when blueberries are at peak.
Make and share this Light Blueberry Kuchen recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup motts natural applesauce (or lite)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, do not thaw if frozen. Fresh is best!)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons solid pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 10 inch round spingform pan with cooking spray (or 9" pie plate).
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl whisk egg whites, sugar, applesauce, yogurt, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stir until blended.
- Place in prepared pan. Sprinkle berries on top of batter.
- In small bowl combine oats and brown sugar. cut in pumpkin and mix until evenly blended. Pu topping over the berry-covered batter.
- Bake 50-55 minutes. Cool 20 minutes before serving.