Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light dessert my husband likes. I like to top it with a dab of light Cool Whip.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 g fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (1 package)
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons Splenda granular (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- Mix crumbs and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, then add melted butter and mix well. Pat into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix skim milk, vanilla and pudding mix until smooth and spread evenly in pan, refrigerate while preparing the blueberries.
- Bring blueberries and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water to a thin paste (add more water if necessary) and add to the boiling blueberries, stirring to thicken. Add splenda and cinnamon and mix well.
- Allow blueberries to cool for 5 minutes then spread evenly over the pudding in pan. Chill completely before serving.
I served this dessert New Year's Day for dinner - my mother has to watch her sugar; I am NOT allowed sugar, and my husband DOES NOT need it. My husband liked it; he devoured it over New Year's Day and January 2/08. I used two cups of raspberries and two of blueberries. It worked out fine. The only comment I had from my "eating public" was that there should have been more pudding. Next time, I will try two packs of pudding. Yolanda