Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bleu cheese without as much guilt.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put yogurt in cheese cloth in a small strainer over a bowl. Let drain in fridge 20 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk, yogurt, vinegar, sugar and mayo til well blended. Season to taste. Fold in bleu cheese.
Wow! This is a great low-fat bleu cheese dressing. I always shy away from it because of the fat content, but not this recipe. I did add a little bit of garlic powder just because of personal preference. The only thing that I would do different next time, would be to use my blender and blend a small amount of the bleu cheese into the base. It really does need to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to get the flavors to blend. Thanks for posting this sugarnuts! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
This was so easy and delicious! I was lucky to have caught it and socked it away! I put it on our roast pork sandwiches for lunch today and it was the bomb!!! Jelly :)
I thought this was excellent. I did add more blue cheese, but I'm an addict. :) In addition to the black pepper, I also added a bit of crushed red peppercorns. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. No more store bought for me. Made for Spring PAC 2009