Recipe by Saturn
Found on net.
Top Review by loof
These treats were enjoyed by all three of my dogs - the smallest one especially - he begged for more! These biscuits were easy to make and came out nice and crunchy like a store-bought dog biscuit. Thanks for posting this recipe that my four-legged friends enjoyed!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup brewer's yeast
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine the flours, cornmeal, brewer's yeast, dry milk powder, garlic powder and parsley in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and stir well. Then add the chicken stock.
- Pour the liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Working with your hands, combine all ingredients completely.
- Knead for several minutes.
- Sprinkle a board with additional cornmeal and roll dough out to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut into shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush lightly with egg glaze (beaten egg and milk added together) and bake 45 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let biscuits dry out in oven for several hours or overnight.
- Store in airtight container.