Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this for my girlfriend and I, for Valentine's Day 2007. It's very easy to make, has a gentle, delicate flavour, and is the perfect way to start of a hearty meal.
- 1 liter beef stock
- 5 -10 g parsley
- 5 -10 g basil
- 5 -10 g coriander
- 5 -10 g chives
- 5 -10 g garlic chives
- 5 -10 g rosemary
- 5 -10 g thyme
- 1 garlic clove, coursely chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- Bring the beef stock to a rolling boil.
- Wrap all of the herbs, including the garlic, in a piece of cloth, tie it with a piece of string, and add it to the broth.
- Simmer for a few hours, tasting regularly. Do not let the broth boil.
- Once you feel that the flavour of the herbs have infused sufficiently into the broth, remove the boquet garni, and add your diced vegetables.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.