I made this for my girlfriend and I, for Valentine's Day 2007. It's very easy to make, has a gentle, delicate flavour, and is the perfect way to start of a hearty meal.
- Bring the beef stock to a rolling boil.
- Wrap all of the herbs, including the garlic, in a piece of cloth, tie it with a piece of string, and add it to the broth.
- Simmer for a few hours, tasting regularly. Do not let the broth boil.
- Once you feel that the flavour of the herbs have infused sufficiently into the broth, remove the boquet garni, and add your diced vegetables.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.