Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This variation on a Cooking Light published recipe (November 2005, page 278, Asian Beef) is a light variation on the greasy Beef & Broccoli found at your favorite Chinese restaurant.
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon splenda artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 tsp minced fresh)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cooked chow mein noodles (not fried)
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan to medium high.
- Cut flank steak into thin strips.
- Put flank steak into green onion marinade.
- Blanche broccoli florets by putting in a bowl with a little bit of water and microwaving on high for 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Stir fry beef mixture with broccoli for about five minutes or until beef is desired doneness.
- Spoon over cooked chow mein noodles.