Recipe by Amanda Beth
This is a yummy, yummy light meal. I developed this to counteract my Mexican cravings on Weight Watchers. It is 4 points according to the Recipe Builder. Top it with salsa, which is free, or add some sour cream. Just make sure you count the extra points.
Top Review by Lennie
This was terrific! Following eebrag's lead, I topped the refried beans with salsa, then sprinkled on the cheese (I used both mozzarella and a mexican-blend), and baked at 350F for 10 minutes. The edges were crispy but the majority of the tortilla stayed soft; very nice texture and excellent taste. I am sure that this easy meal will become a regular for me when I need something just for myself. Thanks for posting!
- 1 low-fat tortilla
- 3 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread refried beans on tortilla, like pizza sauce on a pizza.
- Sprinkle seasonings on beans.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until tortilla is crispy, about 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.