Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a yummy, yummy light meal. I developed this to counteract my Mexican cravings on Weight Watchers. It is 4 points according to the Recipe Builder. Top it with salsa, which is free, or add some sour cream. Just make sure you count the extra points.
- 1 low-fat tortilla
- 3 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread refried beans on tortilla, like pizza sauce on a pizza.
- Sprinkle seasonings on beans.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until tortilla is crispy, about 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
This was terrific! Following eebrag's lead, I topped the refried beans with salsa, then sprinkled on the cheese (I used both mozzarella and a mexican-blend), and baked at 350F for 10 minutes. The edges were crispy but the majority of the tortilla stayed soft; very nice texture and excellent taste. I am sure that this easy meal will become a regular for me when I need something just for myself. Thanks for posting!
This is so quick and easy, I've made it several times now for lunch. Nowadays I usually add salsa on top of the beans & seasonings but before sprinkling with the cheese, then bake it with the salsa. Unless I'm in a hurry, I use a lower temperature--325F and cook it a bit longer--about 10 min. It comes out a bit softer that way, which is how I like it best.