- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cupcakes, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and banana; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 3 minutes).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana mixture to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.