Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
tasty light banana muffins!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cupcakes, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and banana; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 3 minutes).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana mixture to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Great recipe! I added cinnamon and a sprinkle of cloves as well as almond extract to spice these up. They came out really moist and delicious.
Yummy! These came out of the oven perfectly moist and tasty. I love recipes that have ripened bananas in them because my bananas always go ripe before I eat them! I love easy recipes, and this one was really simple. Instead of fat-free yogourt I used the 2% stuff since I had it in the house already. And I thing that next time I make them I'll try using cinnamon instead of nutmeg as well. Pixie's idea of sprinkling the tops with cinnamon sugar was helpful, so thanks Pixie!
Lovely light textured muffins with a great banana flavour. Maybe a little more like a cupcake than a muffin but we really loved that about them! I had two small overripe bananas and this was the perfect recipe to use them up. I used cinnamon instead of nutmeg (personal preference) and gave the tops a little sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Delicious, thanks for posting!