Recipe by Chef Gorete
This is a treat for banana bread lovers that don't like a heavy bread. This recipe is light but moist...delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups well mashed bananas (approx 3)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 standard loaf pans.
- Mash the bananas until smooth and lump free, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. When smooth add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for 1 minute then stir in the mashed bananas, mixing thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, then stir in the milk.
- Divide the batter between the two pans, then bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until tested done.