Recipe by CookinMommy
Great salad dressing from the Fresh Start Cookbook. This dressing is a favorite around our house. Easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Top Review by Jill T.
Surprisingly good! I thought that I would really miss the oil but I don't. I do want to add that the calories count was divided into 6 servings. I doubt any of us would use 1/6 the recipe on a salad. :) I recalculated. I measured 48 TBSP of dressing in the recipe, so there will be around 6 calories per Tbsp.
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or food processor combine garlic and mustard until well mixed.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, hot water and sugar.
- Slowly add in olive oil mixing until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Feel free to substitute different vinegars and seasoning to your own taste.