Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great salad dressing from the Fresh Start Cookbook. This dressing is a favorite around our house. Easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl or food processor combine garlic and mustard until well mixed.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, hot water and sugar.
- Slowly add in olive oil mixing until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Feel free to substitute different vinegars and seasoning to your own taste.
Very good, but I found it a little too sweet and lacking herbs. I added 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp each of dried basil, oregano and parsley. My balsamic of choice was likely the culprit for the sweetness, but these changes made it perfect, IMO.
Delish and so... very low fat. I used a few drops of stevia for sweetener. The dijon and garlic really make this dressing stand up and shout, yummmy
Really lovely dressing, I added a little extra pepper as I like the peppery taste in my dressings :)