1/1 Photo of Light Baked Jalapeno Poppers
W.C. Medows's Note:
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002. I copied this recipe in here because the original site does not offer the calorie count I am looking to know about the recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/baked-jalapeno-poppers-recipe/index.html After fiddling with the recipe in this format, I have made a few modifications to make it a lower calorie recipe. First, no eggs, no milk, no flour, and only 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- 2In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cumin, and cayenne.
- 3In a shallow dish, combine the panko crumbs and 4 teaspoons of Essence. Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle of each jalapeno half.
- 4One at a time, dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing to coat. You are only trying to cover the cheese, leave the peppers bare. If necessary, repeat the process.
- 5Place the coated peppers, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the filling is runny and the crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and serve immediately with cold beer.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence