Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A healthy way to enjoy fall time squash. 5 WW points per half.
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- 14.79 ml packed brown sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the squash halves on a cookie sheet.
- Spray each half of the squash 5-10 times with the butter spray.
- Sprinkle each half of the squash with brown sugar. (Adding a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice tastes good too!).
- Bake at 350 for an hour or until soft.
- Serve in shell.
I have been doing this recipe for years and years and love it. Over the years I have added cinnamon to the mix and often cook it in the microwave when don't want to heat up kitchen too much. It's sooo good however you make this and great that it is easy and healthy to boot.
So easy and so good - Bake time of 1 hour at 375 was just right - I used Splenda brown sugar. Served with fresh halibut - Great flavor combination
I LOVED this recipe... then again, I love winter squash, so it's not much of a stretch. I used a small (about 10 oz.) squash, so it didn't take more than 40 minutes in the oven ... I used Pam and Splenda brown sugar blend, but much less than a tablespoon; more like a teaspoon! Thanks for posting.