Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Pampered Chef, it's printed on the side of the salad dressing mixer they sell. it works well with my weight watchers!
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oil (i use smart balance)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (i use truvia)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger (powered or fresh grated finely)
- Mix all ingredients together and keep for no more than 2 weeks. I do not keep it in the frig, it thickens the oil if you use olive oil.
Nice idea, but wished I'd done half the ginger and garlic for my lettuce salad. It might be good on cabbage though. Why it's called "light" I do not know! I like to replace part oil with water and thicken with xanthan gum.
Loved this. The ginger made it very refreshing. I did use low sodium soy. This would be great on a cucumber salad. made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0