Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grown DD begs me to make these pancakes for her. Since there is only 1/2 cup flour for a serving for 4, this recipe would be good for those on low carb diets. I would imagine you could use low-fat cottage cheese and egg beaters for those on low fat diets.
- 1 1⁄4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Put the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and vanilla into a blender or food processor and spin until smoothly mixed.
- Add the flour and blend again.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes then add the baking powder.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat, then add a pat of butter.
- When the butter is sizzing, spoon the batter onto the griddle, leaving plenty of room for them to spread.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the tops of the pancakes, then turn and briefly cook the other side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or strawberry sauce.
I made these for my husband but I tasted them and I love the flavor! This was easy to put together and the results were yummy! I served this with maple syrup. Thanks Geema!
Very light, tender and delicious. I didn't even use the blender and stirred everything up by hand. Lovely pancakes with maple syrup.
My 14 month old loved these. They were quite yummy and easy to make. Definately a keeper!