Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The texture is very light, fluffy and creamy with a slight tangy taste from the sour cream, you won't be able to keep you spoon away from this! --- adjust the confectioners sugar to suit your sweetness
- 1 cup 35% cream, well chilled
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place the whipping cream and sour cream, sifted confectioners sugar and vanilla in a large chilled stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed beat until stiff peaks form.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Use within 1 day.
Kittencal, have I told you lately how AWESOME you are? I used this recipe to top my key lime pie. I will never ever use any other whipped topping again. Thank you for posting as always:D
Perfect! This whipped cream worked like a charm. It is indeed light as a cloud. I served it on top of Catahoula's Key Lime Pie with fresh lime zest on top. My kitchenaid mixer made easy work of this without having to wear my arm out. Thanks so much Kit! :)