Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe doesn't take much time but for a shortcut you may substitute a good quality purchased lemon curd and skip the first step. It won't have the same fresh lemony taste but will be good nonetheless. Everyone always asks for this recipe when I make this delicious Mousse.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- fresh berries
- whipped cream, for serving
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, combine the sugar, lemon juice, egg yolks, eggs and lemon peel. Cook, stirring constantly, until a thermometer reads 160*F. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film wrap and chill.
- When the lemon mixture is cold, whip the cream until soft to medium peaks form. Gently fold in a quarter of the whipped cream to blend, then fold in the remainder of the cream.
- Chill in a large serving bowl or in individual glasses or bowls.
- Garnish with berried and sweetened whipped cream.