Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple, delicious, low calorie, light dessert. Yum, Yum! Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 8 1⁄2 ounces angel food cake (prefferably round)
- Mix pudding mix and pineapple in medium bowl (do NOT make pudding according to package directions!). Stir in cool whip until well mixed.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate. Spread 1 1/3 cups of the pudding mixture onto cake; cover with middle cake layer. Spread 1 cup of pudding mixture onto imddle cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Keep refrigerated.
Very refreshing dessert for a warm July picnic. I added a few cut strawberries to the top for added color.